- New math:hours needed to grade the current stack of research papers xpots of coffee ÷Icy Hot neck patches –trips outside to scream =chocolate martinis you get when you're done.
- Yes, Mr. Brown; it is STILL a man's world.
- Going to bed at dark is a sign that in a beautifully Zen-like way, you've become one with the cycles of the earth and sun. It is a sign of your complete harmony with the cosmos and the enlightened understanding of the non-existence of time. It is a sign of your total surrender to the instinctual Inner You. It is certainly NOT a sign of aging.
- It's one of life's little blessings that when I'm doing my best interpretive dance at Ray's gigs, I can't see what the people behind me see.
- The venison in my freezer tastes slightly less good since the friend who shot the deer described its size as “Bambi's Mother.”
- Your 57 houseplants are NOT your children. They are just another symptom of your aberrant hyper-nurturing gene.
- We need to bring back the salon: gatherings in friends' homes, with live music, poetry readings, weighty discussion & debate, no TV, and wine (do you sense my end-of-semester-salvation theme?)
- Capitalism has replaced religion as the purveyor of guilt; i.e., you wouldn't seriously consider NOT buying your poor devoted partner/spouse/girlfriend/grandma/sports fan that _____________, would you?
- It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Mom sneaking red hot candies into every dish.
- I now regret getting my son a rubber chicken head mask and bacon-flavored toothpicks for his birthday. But only a little.
- Knitting IS meditation.
- Secret Dream Job: Black backup chick singer, with a body MADE for a red sequined dress and red stilettos.
Emilie's minion on the moveThis begins another summer of wandering and adventuring! I intend to post once or twice a week, except for the month of July wh...
1 year ago